Re: pungi/mkisofs for ppc on x64

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:30:32 -0500
Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:04:34 +0900
> John Summerfield <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > That's what you said last time. I still don't comprehend.
>
> *shrug* Perhaps one of the anaconda developers can chime in with more
> details, but it is what it is.  If you don't run it on the arch, you
> don't get all the right modules in the initrd and various other
> problems.

upd-instroot runs yum on the target architecture to set up the root tree that we pull files from to build the stage1 and stage2 images.

Also, we exec the dynamic linker to collect shared libraries we depend on since that stuff tends to change from time to time as things grow and shrink their dependencies.  See get_dso_deps() in buildinstall.functions.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI