Re: NFS install failure

Gary Thomas wrote:
Chris Lumens wrote:
This *was* working with 11.4.0.16 (caveat, I hacked it to *not*
require the latest libdhcp code which today I've capitulated to)
Now, it fails when it tries to mount the NFS root.  It gets a
valid IP setup via DHCP to fetch the kickstart file, but fails
when mounting NFS because the interface seems to have been left
up and there is an error [re]adding the route(s).

  ERROR: add: failed - 17: Netlink Error (errno = File exists)
  ERROR: nic_configure: failed to add route.

Dunno about this problem, but...

note: there are still lots of other problems with this.  As soon
as I added 'headless' on the command line, anaconda threw a Python
exception parsing the kickstart file.  I figured I'd update first
before trying to track that one down.

I'd be interested to see what sort of traceback you are getting here.

Log file an kickstart file attached.  (I worked around the other
problem for the moment by putting the kickstart file in my
initrd image)

My bad - I jumped the gun here.  I think the problem has to do with
the fact that I tried to enable the disk partitioning code in the
kickstart file, not the 'headless' option.

Note: my kickstart file was initially created by doing a normal
install on this platform.  I uncommented all of the disk partition
commands, in the hope of a total recreation process.  It looks like
this is where the problem is.