Re: Partition resizing, take 2

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 08:04 -0500, James Laska wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 15:57 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Demo at http://katzj.fedorapeople.org/resizing-demo1.ogg
>
> Will this mean that when resizing, the resize will be performed
> immediately after leaving partitioning step?  Are there any thoughts
> about "deferring" the resize to occur after the final "Click OK to
> proceed" (iow ... prior to when normal disk formatting occurs).

Given some of the other things that are in the works, we're just going
to do what pretty much everyone else did years ago and move the "commit"
of partitioning changes to be done immediately after exiting the
partitioning stage.  There's still a need for a suitable dialog making
this clear to the user.  This will also make it so that if resizing (or
any other part of the partitioning process) fails, we can actually just
drop the user back into the partitioning screen and let them try again.

Jeremy