Re: Let's talk about some F9 (and beyond) features for anaconda

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 22:13 -0700, Greg Morgan wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> >>>
> >> Missed that one but here's some ideas if you are still taking 'em.
> >
> > Are you willing to help implement these features?
>
> Yes.

Awesome!  I'll be glad to help out to get the code in

> I'll take time over the weekend to organize what is needed.  For
> example, the are existing aoetools and vblade packages but does that
> mean that Red Hat maintainers would have to take over the maintenance of
> the packages, since they would become vital to the installer?

Nope, for Fedora purposes, having them maintained by any Fedora
contributor is fine.  We just need to make sure that the code cleanly
falls out to not being present for the case where the aoetools aren't
included in the spin.  But that would be the case anyway.

> I should be able to come up with some of the sysconfig file layouts etc.
>  Do I post the design here and in the RFE number or how do you want me
> to proceed with the information?

I'd say post it here and we can just add a pointer in the bug to the
thread.  Trying to do design in bugzilla is just painful -- mail is far
better for actually banging out design, code, etc.

Jeremy