Re: More thoughts as we go to git

+

> Don't like doing the log thing twice (Change Log and then cvs or git log :)
> Lets just do it once !!!
Git can also give you the list of modified files and I've been actually using
this approach for some time now to generate the changelog and commit
message template.

(It involved some bash hacking, but worked pretty well ;)

>* Don't carry the RPM spec file in the repository; have it just in the
>packaging repo instead.

It does not hurt to have it there just in case we need to build some
non-standard rpm... even if we do not I would leave it in the upstream repo.

--
Martin Sivak
msivak@xxxxxxxxxx

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
http://cz.redhat.com
Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic
Registered in Brno under #CZ27690016