Re: %post --name

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 14:15:33 -0400
Christopher Boumenot <boumenot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Error code %s encountered running a kickstart %%pre/%%post script
>
> I cringe when I read that because I have 30 scripts than just ran,
> and I now need to narrow it down to a specific one.  Was it the
> simple one that failed to create the directory (mkdir /tmp/foo/bar
> instead of mkdir -p /tmp/foo/bar), or was it the long one that added
> mucked with grub.conf.  It would save me mounds of time for Anaconda
> to say that a specific script failed, instead of me reconstructing
> what should of happened but didn't.

Maybe you missed the subtlety here.  As far as anaconda is concerned,
%pre is one script.  %post is one script.  It starts a shell depending
on what you defined as the script shell and executes the content.  The
return result from that content is what is used to determine if there
was a failure or not.

Your one script happens to call out to many other scripts.  At this
time it's out of the hands of anaconda and into the hands of the
interpreter, which is why the onus is on your script to correctly log
or flag the status of each of those called scripts as the interpreter
isn't necessarily going to do that for you.

--
Jesse Keating