Re: BZ# 70477, unwanted swap partitions.

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:31:27 +0200
Joel Andres Granados <jgranado@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Successfully created a ignoreswadev ksoption.  It makes anaconda
ignore the swap devices at install time and in the resulting fstab.
There is still an issue regarding the installation,  When I tested a
system that only had 1 swap device the installer froze.  When I
increased ram it continued installing (vmware, basically increased
from 256 to 512). Question: does anaconda need a swap partition to
complete installation ?  I'll post the patch after some more tests :)

Under certain low memory situations anaconda will ask if it can mount
and use your configured swap space.  256 megs of ram sounds like such a
scenario.

Yes, I supposed as much, the funny thing is that anaconda does not scream about there being no available memory, it just freezes. Have to see if this is regarding my
patch or should be addresses as some other bug.

Just tested it with 400 Mb.  It seems to be installing just fine :)
thx for the info.

--
Joel Andres Granados