Re: BZ# 70477, unwanted swap partitions.

Joel Andres Granados wrote:
Hey list:

So anaconda doen't format swap at all, it simply includes it in the fstab. The idea is to include swap in the fstab when it is intended by the user: (ksfile, selected in gui, selected in text). Of course a mechanism by which the use can consciously select the partitions that end up in fstab touches a lot of
files (more bugs to come).
Do we really want this mechanism in place?

Successfully created a ignoreswadev ksoption. It makes anaconda ignore the swap devices at install time and in the resulting fstab. There is still an issue regarding the installation, When I tested a system that only had 1 swap device the installer froze. When I increased ram it continued installing (vmware, basically increased from 256 to 512). Question: does anaconda need a swap partition to complete installation ? I'll post the patch after some more tests :)
Regards.

--
Joel Andres Granados