Re: help building anaconda

Kevin Williams wrote:
I read the developer wiki page(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Stage1DevelopmentGuide) and there is a broken link to buildrequires and some assumptions not made for a newbie and so I'm stuck trying to figure out how to compile anaconda. My intent is to test a code change that I intend to submit as a patch for a feature request. So far I've set CVSROOT to 'CVSROOT=: pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/local/CVS' and checked out the anaconda module. Then, before I changed anything, I attempted to compile with './py-compile *.py'. But this results in several python syntax errors which are unexpected since I didn't change anything yet. Most likely I am doing something wrong. My system's version of python is: Python 2.3.5 (#2, Oct 16 2006, 19:19:48)

Thanks for your help in advance,
-Kevin