Re: Having a iSCSI Flag while Installation

> I am suggesting to have a global flag called iSCSI while installing(like
> other flags "askmethod", "updates"),  so when installing the user should
> tell the Anaconda explicitly to get the values from iBFT.

Would it be easier if there was a /sysfs entry that told anaconda
about the presence of iBFT? And if there was any pertinent information then
anaconda would extract the information from /sysfs instead of searching in
/dev/mem?

This could also have the extra benefit of initrd shell script being
able to parse the /sysfs and constructing the pertient iSCSI target
information dynamically (and running iscsiadm with those gathered
date) instead of having the values hard-coded as they are now.

--
Konrad Rzeszutek 1-(978)-392-3903 or 1-(617)-693-1718
IBM on-site partner.