Re: partitions.autoClearPartType not getting set -- F7

Chris Lumens wrote:
I recall seeing the discussion about the defaults a while ago, and I am willing to live within the new constraints. Is it a documentation error now?

For instance, I have no idea what you mean by: "You're not specifying an option for how much you want cleared from the disk ..."

I don't see any way to specify more than --drives sda (which does not work).

Is there another form of it?

You need to supply one of:  --all, --linux, or --none.  The default is
--none.  In F7 anaconda, this is broken.  I've committed a fix to CVS to
where if you don't specify any of those three options, you will get
--none just like you always have.

For now, you can work around it by specifying whichever of those three
you mean.

Verified that this works without throwing an error:

#Partition clearing information
clearpart --drives=sda --all --initlabel

Now we will see if my usb thumb drive, from which I am installing, gets crushed. :)

I does with just this:

#Partition clearing information
clearpart --all --initlabel

Thank you!

I need a faster test machine! My developer distro (1397 packages) is taking nearly an hour to install from a USB2 (15MB/sec) thumb drive. :(