Kickstart over FTP with username and password integration

Upon testing Anaconda from an older era, using for example: vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img ksdevice=eth0 ks=ftp://username:password@host/path/ks.cfg I notice FTP does not work unless it is an anonymous FTP server usage for which to retrieve the kickstart file.

I am trying to patch an older Anaconda's source archive to allow this, but I am unsure exactly where it is handled in Anaconda's source code. I have been looking around in the loader2/ directory and I see ftp.c and ftp.h which seem to deal with it, however after looking at some diff output between the old Anaconda's loader2/ftp.c and the latest Anaconda's loader2/ftp.c I am not able to locate anything that stands out as a major change, so I'm almost expecting this to be a bug
in the older Anaconda, which I would still like to fix.

Can someone send me in the right direction as far as locating up to date source code
within Anaconda that deals with the ks=ftp:// option to the loader?

Thanks.
J. Hartline