Re: PATCH: Fix disable dmraid on text and graphical mode

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 20:01 +0900, HARA Hiroshi wrote:

> so in my current image, after "confirminstall" step(start of "install"
> step),
> anaconda do "dmraid -E -r" on each self.anaconda.id.diskset.skippeddmDisks.
>
> but It seems that dmraid command cannot work well or way to use
> dmraid is not wrong.(I do not know dmraid so well)
> following is my work log on RHEL5 (dmraid -E -r was failed)

We don't actually want to erase the metadata -- there's unfortunately no
guarantee that the data we think is raid metadata isn't really, for
example, part of a filesystem.  What we actually need to do is disable
that raid device, add the format to a list of formats to be excluded,
and re-scan for raid devices.

This will require changes to libdmraid and python-pyblock, as well as
anaconda.

--
  Peter