Re: bug 150670. How to default partition.

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 17:26 +0200, Joel Andres Granados wrote:
> Found that this issue was not resolved yet for fc7.  Personally I would
> leave the default as it is (100MB->/boot,XXXMB->swap and the resto for
> /)  but the bug discussion does have some details that should be avoided
> (The issue with the newbie realizing that it would be better to separate
> the home and OS way after he has finished the installation.)
> To suggest a solution I would do something like (100MB->boot---
> XXXMB->swap---10GB->/ --- the rest for /home :)  but thats just me....
> I tested it in kickstart and gui installs, everything seems to be fine.

The problem is "is 10 gigs enough?"  And on multilib platforms, it only
barely is today.  Which means that as someone upgrades and wants to add
more software, it's not going to be anymore.

If we had online shrinking of ext3 filesystems, it'd be a little easier
as the theoretical future tool for disk handling could do a resize when
you need it.  But right now, it just leads to user pain.

Jeremy