DNS queries using source port 32768

Folks,

I've had some problems installing RHEL on a specific VLAN at work.  The
problem is that the loader does DNS requests but the router was dropping
the DNS replies therefore the loader couldn't resolve its IP and the URL
where the kickstart lived.

Turns out that UDP packets heading toward the servers on this VLAN with
destination port of 32768 are dropped by an ACL put in place to meet
some security requirements of an out sourced credit card charging
company.  The security policy states some concerns that this is a port
that solaris commonly uses for the NFS statd RPC server.

The security folks here expressed concern that the loader wasn't
randomizing the DNS port as normal resolvers do.  I know the environment
for the loader is pretty restrictive.  Is it possible to choose a more
random port and/or incriment the port used if DNS queries are failing?

Jack
--
Jack Neely <jjneely@xxxxxxxx>
Campus Linux Services Project Lead