Re: pungi ignores a lot of RPMs when building CD image

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 16:17 +0100, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2/1/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It would appear that pkgorder doesn't know about the other groups you have in
> > your comps file perhaps.  pkgorder is just a python script, I'd poke at it
> > and see how it figures out the order, and see if perhaps you need to change
> > your group names in comps.
>
> After looking at pkgorder it seems it has a hardcoded list of groups
> it adds for resolving the order.

We want to move all that group information to outside pkgorder - extra
data within the repodata would be ideal.  That way people don't need to
hack the script merely reorder the data to say have a ordering for
Fedora KDE or Fedora XFCE default.

> I'll see if I can come-up with a patch to pkgorder that does this.

I'd rather see the order of groups and required package globs (eg
kernel*) in a metadata file.

Paul