Re: a replacement for .discinfo?

Will Woods wrote:
In the course of messing with various installer tools, I've ended up
writing some python code that reads and writes an XML metadata file that
is (basically) an easily-parsable superset of .discinfo.

There's quite a bit more here than .discinfo and not most of the things which are currently in .discinfo. .discinfo definitely needs to be reworked (for one thing, half of the lines aren't relevant with the yum backend much less when backends can be generic), but I'm not entirely sure that this is the direction to go. For one thing, we're going to have to parse this in the loader; I'm not sure I want an XML parser there. The other thing is that it feels like it's modeling a bit closely exactly how we currently do things instead of some of the directions that things are moving in with the land of many Fedora spins.

Jeremy