From: anaconda-devel-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:anaconda-devel-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt Wilson
Sent: Wednesday, 20 December 2006 2:43 p.m.
To: Discussion of Development and Customization of the Red Hat Linux
Installer
Subject: Re: From Scratch

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:37:30AM +0900, John Summerfield wrote:

> Progeny (www.progeny.com) has ported Anaconda to Debian. I imagine a
> comparison between equivalent levels would illuminate the work before you.

I don't recommend the Progeny route.  It doesn't use the
AnacondaBackend class introduced recently that should make supporting
different installation methods easier than in the past.

Anyway, since you're planning on installing from RPMs, no anaconda
code changes should be required.

--
Matt Wilson
Founding Engineer