Re: Trying to break the anaconda/distro embrace

Peter Jones (pjones@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
> > Yes, makes sense. You know my constant question, though, which is: how does
> > this work with install classes? They're highly tied to both anaconda version
> > *and* to the specifics of what they're installing.
>
> Well, it's certainly possible to describe them in a standardized file
> format (a la comps).  The real question is how to make generic
> configuration of e.g. "installation keys" (think: registration numbers
> that also pick install classes automagically).

Similarly, one of the plans for later Fedora releases is to spin
multiple CD sets out of a single univers of packages; what this
means is that anything you'd want to customize in how it is installed,
you need to have separated out of the packages itself. Base repository,
comps file, default set of services to start, desktop choice, etc.

Bill