Re: Resend: mediacheck and kickstart

On Don 23.11.2006 07:41, John Summerfield wrote:
Aleksandar Lazic wrote:

Ok, but if the Hardware in the target maschine can't read the medium
but the on the burned maschine was all ok?!

and if the hardware on the target machine can read is sometimes and
fail sometimes? This is what happened to me.

Ok, thats sounds bad :-/

What if mediacheck fails, but you can in fact read all the files you
need? This is perfectly possible, and I've seen this too.

Nothing is perfect. The only test that matters is when you're reading
stuff to install it.

But isn't this to late!

As for me, I prefer to install from the network. With broadband,
directly off the Internet is probably quicker than downloading media,
burning media etc, and if you're doing multiple installs then a local
cache (Squid or Apache) makes it as good as a local LAN.

Ok.

Regards

Aleks