Trying to teach pkgorder to get its white out from an external file...

On 10/17/06, Matt Wilson <msw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 12:53:16PM -0400, James Olin Oden wrote:
> crickets chirping...james

Have an example whiteout file you're using?

Sure:

 pam>coreutils \
 openldap>cyrus-sasl \
 openldap>cyrus-sasl-md5 \
 openjade>docbook-dtds \
 xorg-x11-libs>xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL \
 gtk+>gdk-pixbuf \
 gnome-python2>gnome-python2-bonobo \
 httpd>httpd-suexec \
 php>php-pear \
 aspell>aspell-en \
 cracklib>cracklib-dicts \
 perl>perl-Filter \
 ypbind>yp-tools \
 kernel>initscripts \
 kernel-PAE>initscripts \
 nautilus>nautilus-cd-burner \
 xorg-x11>xinitrc \
 xemacs-sumo>apel-xemacs \
 openoffice.org-libs>openoffice.org \
 pam>initscripts \
 initscripts>mkinitrd \
 hotplug>initscripts \
 lvm2>kernel \
 lvm2>kernel-PAE

Which in format looks exactly like the value of the
%_dependency_whiteout macro we set, and the value of the whiteout var
in whiteout.py (not the actual relations just the format).  When I run
my patched pkgorder script with the --whiteout option I added, it
prints the whiteout that is read, and it looks like it might have set
the macro (no exception is thrown) but it does not seem to work.

If I patch whiteout.py with the same values as above all kinds of loop
warnings go away.

Any ideas?

Thanks...james