Rhupdates

Hi,

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong that is resulting in my
modified code not be seen/used in the Anaconda process. I can't find a good
source for documentation so I am going by what I've picked up here and
there, so please correct me where you can.

Once I figure this out, I will write a nice howto so the next person settles
into the anaconda dev environment with less dust.

Here are the details of my current setup:

* Install method: HTTP
* Source tree root: /var/www/html/iso/RedHat/4.0/as/x86_64/. The contents of
this directory are:

drwxr-xr-x  6 root root 4096 Oct 12 13:06 disc1
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   12 Mar  6  2006 disc2 -> mounts/disc2
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   12 Mar  6  2006 disc3 -> mounts/disc3
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   12 Mar  6  2006 disc4 -> mounts/disc4
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   12 Mar  6  2006 disc5 -> mounts/disc5
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4096 Oct 12 13:06 ISO
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root    0 Oct 12 14:03 mounts
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Nov  3  2005 RPMS.det
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Nov  3  2005 RPMS.os
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Nov  3  2005 RPMS.updates

...as you can see the disc* are symbolic links. The reason is that they are
forcing the mount/disc* directories to automount... This works fine, however
for the sake of removing as many variables as possible, I've replaced the
symbolic link for disc1 with the actual directory.

* I have then created a directory called `Rhupdates' with my replacement
python source inside it. I've placed this directory in....

/var/www/html/iso/RedHat/4.0/as/x86_64/
/var/www/html/iso/RedHat/4.0/as/x86_64/disc1/
/var/www/html/iso/RedHat/4.0/as/ISO/

...I realise that this is silly, and I should only place it in the one
place, but given that all three make no difference, I can say with
confidence that I don't know what the correct place is.

* My Rhupdates directory contains:

-rw-r--r--  1 root root 22854 Oct 12 11:56 installclass.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 16715 Oct 12 11:42 network.py

* If Rhupdates is to be `seen' by anaconda, I am expecting it to be visible
under /mnt/source/Rhupdates one the machine being kickstarted, and then have
sys.path.insert() this directory prior to anything else.

Could someone please tell me:

If RTFM, where the FM is
Else, what I am doing wrong, and any misunderstandings I have based on the
above. If additional information is required and I have carelessly left it
out, please let me know and I will amend.

Thankyou for your help,

Nima

FYI - Daniel <dan us ibm com> has already sent me his docs on how this
should be done...

--snip--
1) NFS, FTP, HTTP:
    Simply create a directory named "RHupdates" at the top level of the
source tree.  Place your modified .py files in this folder and Anaconda
will use your changes during the next install.
--snip--

...however I guess my problem here is that what I assumes is the top-level
of the source-tree is not correct. Thankyou for your help so far Daniel - I
appreciate it.