Re: GRUB hangs right after installation

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:26:22 +0800
John Summerfield [John] wrote:

John> Alain TAUCH wrote:
John> > Hi all,
John> >
John> > I'm working on a custom distro using anaconda and I've noticed
John> > that sometimes GRUB is not installed properly and hangs when
John> > loading the stage2 image.
John> > I've experienced it with CD and NFS installs, and it seems to
John> > occur when the installation process waited for some time (few
John> > hours, maybe less) at the last screen, before I clicked on
John> > 'reboot'.
John> >
John> > If I re-install GRUB manually, all goes well. No related messages
John> > in anaconda's logs. I googled a bit and it seems that some other
John> > people ran into this too, but I didn't find any solution to this
John> > problem.
John>
John>
John> Which version of Anaconda (what are you installing)?

I've seen this with anaconda 10.1.1.37 and 10.1.1.46.

I found those guys having a similar problem:

http://www.rocksclusters.org/rocks-documentation/4.2/faq-installation.html#AEN2020

--
Alain