Adding a kernel driver to RHEL4 initrd.img & interactions with Anaconda loader

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can point me to some good documentation explaining how to add a kernel driver into the initrd.img.

When I tried to add it, Anaconda would prompt me that It couldn't find the hardware (in this case an updated e1000 driver). The driver was listed in the dialog and I could Manually load it by selecting it. However, Anaconda refuses to proceed further to download the Stage 2 ramdisk.

When adding the driver to the initrd.img I Merged the pcitable, pci.ids, modinfo from the original driver. That contains newer PCI IDs for the e1000.

The problem is it seems to think I want another driver disk?

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Shawn.