are driver disks broken in FC5?

Has anyone got a driver disk to work in FC5?

I created a driver disk, it detected and loaded fine for the install
but after the install it wasn't in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates/.

I looked through the source.  The code to copy drivers to
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates/ is in copyExtraModules which is only
used by doPostInstall in packages.py.  As far as I can tell from
looking at the source this code is never called.  If you do a
`grep packages . -R | grep import` you can see which parts of
packages.py are used and it's not there.

Of course, if anyone had successfully created a driver disk for FC5
then I must be doing something wrong.  :)

regards,
dan carpenter