Re: installing anaconda

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 00:53 -0700, amin saberian wrote:
> Hello.
> I want build a new distro.
> I want customize anaconda installer for my distro, but i cant compail
> and install it.
> How can i compail an install anaconda tarbal on fedora core 4 or
> redhat enterprice 4.

What happens when you attempt to compile Anaconda?   How are you
attempting to do so?

Have you made sure that your machine has all of the build-dependencies
on it that are needed by the FC 4 Anaconda SRPM?  Or do you need help in
figuring out how to do that?

Have you succeeded in running "rpmbuild" on the FC 4 SRPM for Anaconda?

When I did, on what I thought was a fairly-stock FC 4 machine, I got
some strange warnings in the translation code:

msgmerge ../po/zu.po loader.po | msgconv -t utf-8 | ./simplemot > tr/zu.tr
msgmerge: loader.po: warning: Charset "CHARSET" is not a portable encoding name.
                              Message conversion to user's charset might not work.

followed by fatal errors running "msgconv".  Are these the errors that
are keeping you from progress?

--Steven