RE: Default for ks=cdrom

The kickstart file is only found once the initrd is first loaded via isolinux, so this is after the isolinux stuff has over to the initrd, by passing the ks=cdrom option the loader will check the CD/DVD once its mounted inside Linux for ks.cfg in /.

Files found in isolinux are not visible to Linux as they are a different CD layer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Prindeville [mailto:philipp_subx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:39 PM
To: Shawn Starr
Cc: anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Default for ks=cdrom

Ok, I've only been working on writing Kickstart images for a couple of
days now,
so...  what is / mapped to?  The isolinux.img filesystem?  Is that where
you're
saying the ks.cfg needs to be?

Repacking the isolinux.img is (for me, anyway) a fair amount of work
that's best
avoided...  I'd just as soon have the default location for the file be
/mnt/source/ks.cfg
or /mnt/source/isolinux/ks.cfg ...

Am I alone in this?

-Philip