FC5 Anaconda only installs i586 kernels

I'm trying to track down a weird problem: I've kickstarted three FC5
machines on various different CPUs (SMP Via Nehemiah, hyperthreaded
P4, dual core Athlon, all withthe i386 distro) and on each one
Anaconda has installed just the uniprocessor i586 kernel.  I can sort
of understand the Nehemiah machine (as older processors in the series
weren't fully i686 compatible) but the others are strange, and FC4 on
the same hardware will install the proper kernels.

Is there any way I can extract information from the installer about
what it's finding, or can I run the detection routines standalone?

 - J<