Special patches required for Anaconda (FC4) and kernel-2.6.15?

I hope this is the right place to send this question, if its not I applolgise in advance.

I am working on a custom distribution based on FC4 (basicly really stripped down, with all docs and lang files in seperate packages, and a custom kernel) and when I put my custom kernel on the disk image anaconda seems to not be able to find the install media anymore.  I look in the logs and it mentions something about not being able to mount /tmp/loop0.  What have I done wrong?  I made sure initrd was enabled in my kernel, and I enabled both loop filesystems and cramfs as modules, is there something else I need to do?

On a related note, if I put my ks.cfg file on the CD (I currently have it on the network) and use ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg the installer breaks.  I have yet to get this working, I have tried placing the ks.cfg file on the root of the cd and in the /isolinux/ dir, neither work.  Any hints on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Panetta