Re: genhdlist missed in FC5t3 ?

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 14:35 +0800, John Summerfied wrote:

<snip>

> While reading the source is, in principle, possible, it doesn't
> constitute suitable documentation. One could, in principle (and assuming
> access) discover how to use Windows by reading its source code, but few
> would find it an appropriate way to do so. One should not need to be a
> capable python programmer in order to use Anaconda to build modified
> versions of Fedora Core.

One practical way to move this forward would be to create a page on the
Wiki - RH and community developers could then add/update material fairly
easily. We can export content from there to other formats - the current
Release Notes are written on the Wiki, for example.

FWIW, material and example scripts added to the Wiki would be covered by
the Open Publication License (without optional clauses), which is Free
but not viral.

The Fedora documentation set includes a tutorial on creating and
maintaining mirrors, guides for using Anaconda and yum, and a book on
RPM, but nothing on using the tools to build custom versions, so it
would great to be able to fill the gap.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart@xxxxxxxx

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA