From: Patrick Mansfield [mailto:patmans@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 4:15 PM
To: Aggarwal, VikasX
Cc: anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx; Mike Christie
Subject: Re: iscsi install/boot

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 02:03:01PM -0800, Aggarwal, VikasX wrote:
>   By looking at the febraury archive it seems that GUI/text based installation is added to the installer by Patrick Mansfield.
>   Is the  GUI based installation available in above  ISO?
>   I could see  /usr/sbin/iscsid, /usr/sbin/iscsiadm  and  also there is    scsi_transport_iscsi/iscsi_tcp  in modules.cgz of the ISO I have.
>
>   Please tell how can I use the GUI based installation to iscsi target.
>   Or if it available in some different ISO , would appreciate a link to the download area.

Did you include iscsi on the command install line?

Did iscsi text install work or not?

initrd work is still in progress as well as some open-iscsi related
changes - you won't be able to use root on iSCSI yet, you'll just get the
root fs image installed.

Note that the IP address requested is the address for the send target
command, that is usually the same as the iSCSI target address anyway.

I have not verified install from CD or non-network installs (I did not
test selection and start up of networking in those cases for iscsi
install).

There are still some bugs. From the iscsi screen, I have to usually do
a next/prev/next to get the storage to show up - maybe a race with iscsid
and then immediately running iscsiadm, plus there is an issue with scan
returning early in some cases (Mike C. posted some patches to fix the
scan).

I have not looked at or specifically tested anything with FC5-test3, I've
been using FC devel on ppc (IBM JS20).

-- Patrick Mansfield