Network driver loaded, but anaconda doesn't see it

I am trying to kickstart FC4 on a board with a recent nvidia chipset.
The stock installer doesn't see the SATA controller or the net card,
but they are supported by recent kernels so I have used buildinstall
to generate fresh images which detect both devices.

However, even though the network driver (forcedeth) is loaded and
indicates that it has bound to the proper card, anaconda thinks that
it has found no network card and prompts me for an install method.  I
can get the system to install by adding a spare Intel card; afterwards
I can remove the Intel card and the system is perfectly happy.  The
kernel version after install is the same that the install images were
built with.

While the installation is in progress (via the Intel card), ifconfig
shows two network interfaces.  (The Intel card is eth1.)

Is there something I have to do in order to convince the installer
that what it found is a network card?

Also, I seem to be having problems getting my new images to properly
set up selinux labels on the new installation.  The original install
images work fine, but the ones I generated with buildinstall leave
selinux disabled.  If I enable it (either by editing
/etc/sysconfig/selinux or by passing "selinux --enfocring" in the
kickstart file) the system comes up unlabeled and won't boot until I
force a relabel.

Does this sound at all familiar to anyone?

 - J<