Re: [Fwd: Re: [openib-general] Kickstart over OpenIB?]

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 04:12:20PM -0500, Brian Long wrote:
> Jeremy et al,
>
> I asked the openIB folks about your netlink vs. ioctl issue wrt.
> Infiniband and they responded in the attached email.  Any chance we can
> have the openIB drivers inside the official FC5 initrd so I can try
> kickstarting?  I'll follow support channels wrt. updating initrd for
> RHEL 4 U3 beta  ;-)

Brian,

There's a bit more to it than just including the modules.  First,
loader2/moduleinfo.c will need to be modified to understand that "ib"
is an infiniband device.  You'll need to add DRIVER_MINOR_INFINIBAND
too.  This will allow you to list the ib drivers in module-info with
"ib" as the device type (like eth and tr modules are listed now).

Then loader2/modules.c will need to be modified to handle enumerating
infiniband devices properly in loadModule() and writing out the proper
alias lines in /etc/modprobe.conf in writeModulesConf().

Also, anaconda does attempt to get the HW address on network
interfaces, so ./isys/getmacaddr.c:getMacAddr() will need to be
modified to use the new interface.

HTH.

Cheers,

Matt