Re: Kickstart prompt for network info using custom CD based install --SOLVED

The ans is same to comment the line dispatch.skipStep("network") in the

stage2/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py file...

NOTE: The resolution is same for Fedora Core 1, Fedora Core 3 and CentOS 4.2 (which uses RHEL 4)

I mine case even after doing this was not solving the issue. So I deleted the *.pyc files.  So the anaconda installer again ran the *.py files and created new *.pyc files te the time of installation.

So the culprit was my pc which didnt change the time stamp.

I hope people know the resolution but lazy in this forum to comment except .... James_Martin

Hope this is helpful to someone.....

Cheers,
Deepak Naidu.

Deepak Naidu <deepak_nai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi
 &! nbsp; I know this is not working even on Fedora Core 3 and higher... But is there any word arround, or can I make network_gui.py call directly in kickstart.py -- I dont know python... else would have understood the progarm flow....

I hope some one has the ans....

Cheers,
Deepak Naidu.

James_Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
anaconda-devel-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/29/2005 11:19:56 PM:

> Hi,
>

> skipStep("network") option in kickstart.py in anaconda and then
> crea! te the stage2.img... I did this and still it does not prompts....
>
> Is there any other file or patch I have to edit or patch....

In my experience this is all you have to do. Perhaps you should respond
with your exacts step! s you used to disass! emble the stage2.img, patch the
kickstart.py and re-create the stage2.img. (I believe it is found in
/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py inside the stage2.img)

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394

> I hope some one has the ans ... or what is an alternative....
>
> Cheers,
> Deepak Naidu.
>

> [image removed] Linux your Life, Don't Window it [[]]
> { All for the best }
> Yahoo! Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide
withvoicemail

Linux your Life, Don't Window it [[]]
               { All for the best }

Yahoo! Model Search - ! Could you be the next catwalk superstar? Check out the competition now _______________________________________________