Re: pkgorder error

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 11:40:40AM +0530, Manilal K M wrote:
> On 11/9/05, Stephen Mah <smah@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to create a new hdlist, since I added kernel-sourcecode in
> > the RPMS folder.
> >
> > The server that is hosting the NFS share is RHEL AS3 update 5, building
> > the hdlist for the distro: RHEL4 U2 x86_64.
> >
> > getting the following error:
> > # pkgorder
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder", line 10, in ?
> >     import whiteout
> > ImportError: No module named whiteout
> >

> > What anaconda-runtime version should I be running on RHEL3? Can I use
> > the anaconda-runtime from RHEL4?

You need to use the anaconda-runtime and anaconda packages from the
distribution that you are modifying the hdlist for.  For RHEL 4 I'd use
a RHEL 4 machine, "up2date -i anaconda anaconda-runtime" then do the
build.

I can't get to the below website so I don't know what the suggested
method is there.  Red Hat's build system is much different than what you
or I will be able to do and as a side affect the python path isn't set
correctly.  In /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder add the line

   sys.path.append("/usr/lib/anaconda")

below "import sys" and that should make the pkorder command work
propperly.

Jack