Re: Testing Anaconda Changes

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 05:07:40PM -0400, Brian Long wrote:
> What is the recommended way to test Anaconda changes when developing a
> patch for submission?  It appears I need to run a RawHide system because
> anaconda RPM build requires kudzu-devel >= 1.2.0, etc.
>
> Is there a better way for me to test my changes besides rebuilding the
> RPM?  I'm currently touching C code in isys and loader2.  Any ideas
> would be appreciated.

Using a test machine is always the safest way to go, though it can be
a little slow.  For testing loader2 changes, you just need to insert
the binary into the initrd.  Have a look at scripts/upd-bootimage for
that.  I usually work off of CVS and just run "make" to build
loader2.  It's true that often you need development versions of
libraries to make things build.

If you're testing Python changes, using RHupdates/ on a NFS install is
the quickest way to go.  Next to that is a updates.img in
$productPath/base/updates.img.

--
Matt Wilson
rpath, Inc.