Re: RHupdates and http?

> I was refering to
>
> anaconda/docs/install-methods.txt
>
> Which I thought formed the basis of the install guide... Please raise a
> bug against the document in question.
>
> Paul

Paul, we misunderstood what updates.img was for.  It appears there is
currently no way to provide updated RPMs which Anaconda will
automatically pull from during the initial install process.  Is this
correct?

For example, I'm loading RHEL 4 U2_beta, but errata have been released
(and updates have been made in the U2_beta RHN channel) and we'd like
Anaconda to install those.

As another user mentioned, we don't like to touch the OS tree because of
mirrors and other reasons.  However, we'd like to provide updates during
initial install so we're guaranteed they are used (instead of using %
post with yum or up2date).

I've submitted a feature request via IT and I'll follow up with a
Bugzilla in this form.  We would like to have support for an errata.img
file that also gets extracted into ramdisk.  Anaconda would look
in /tmp/errata before checking RedHat/RPMS for each RPM it's about to
install.

Has this feature been requested in the past and denied for any
particular reason?

Thanks.

/Brian/