Re: RHupdates and http?

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 08:17 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Jeremy Katz <katzj@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> > I guess it would be possible to implement, my main question would be
> > what the overall gain would be.  Why is the copy of the tree so
> > "sacred" (for lack of a better term) that you wouldn't want to drop a
> > file in but you're okay with pointing elsewhere.
>
> Well, as a mirror admin, I usually install from my mirror.  I doubt that
> people would appreciate me dropping random things in the mirror tree.

That's probably enough to push me over the edge...  if someone would
file it in bugzilla so my addled brain doesn't forget about it, that
would be good.  Especially if there's a patch[1]

Jeremy

[1] The obvious approach seems to be to extend linux updates to take an
argument of http/ftp location and then fall back to the current behavior
of asking where it is if not specified.