Re: Apples and snakes

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 08:54 +0800, John Summerfied wrote:
> Ah yes, but my proposal allows booting a standard
> just-bought-from-redhat CD and booting it, automatically fetching a ks
> file if Anaconda can find one, without one needing to specify its
> existance in any syslinux, yaboot or other boot tool's config file.

Unfortunately, this would not be the desired behavior of other people.
So as it stands, we're going to stick to requiring the kickstart config
to be specified.

> I've not tried booting a zSeries (real or virtual) recently, but
> kernel args _were_ a problem. I don't know whether that's solved: this
> would avoid the need.

The biggest problem with zSeries is that you have to specify out all of
the arguments for the device configuration.  No plug and play here; more
like ISA but a lot worse.

Jeremy