Re: Forcing a package to get installed

Manilal K M wrote:
On 8/30/05, John Summerfied <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

James_Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Sure.. you could have the %pre section of your RPM remove
/usr/lib/iiim/le/unitle/MALAYALAM/data/inscript.data.. Have your package
contain  /usr/lib/iiim/le/unitle/MALAYALAM/data/inscript.data.custom, and

Removing the file doesn't do anything useful

the %post section would copy
/usr/lib/iiim/le/unitle/MALAYALAM/data/inscript.data.custom to
/usr/lib/iiim/le/unitle/MALAYALAM/data/inscript.data.

Removing or updating iiimf-le-unit after this would be harmful. _I_
would look to removing the package causing the conflict, or merging the
two costomising one to provide both functionalities.

It might also be worth reporting a RFE bug for iiimf-le-unit, describing
what you want to achieve.

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394