Re: Problems with Compat Arch Support group

> On Monday 28 February 2005 18:55, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 14:45 -0500, Brian Long wrote:
>>
>>> I've having problems with the "Compatibility Arch Support" group on
>>> x86_64 kickstarts.  We generate comps.xml from scratch and our Compat
>>>  Arch Support group contains all the biarch RPMs and the "biarchonly"
>>>  flag is set to true (the group looks the same as the stock
>>> comps.xml). The problem is the biarch RPMs are not getting installed
>>> in the proper order.  Sometimes the i386 RPMs get installed after the
>>> x86_64 RPMs, so they take precedence (and break the system).
>>
>> You didn't run
>> a) genhdlist b) pkgorder c) genhdlist again with --pkgorder
>
> I believe the genhdlist parameter you mean is "--fileorder" and not
> "--pkgorder".
>

> Anyway, if you run the second genhdlist with the "--fileordrer" parameter
>  after you split the distribution tree into separate CD trees, is this
> adequate or do you need to run it right after the pgkorder and before
> buildinstall?
>
> Gene

That's right!!: ) The parameter is --fileorder pkgorderfile.

If your distro is only one CD, the sequence is:
1)run genhdlist
2)run pkgorder
3)run genhdlist again, with the --fileorder parameter
4)run buildinstall to rebuild the boot images
5)have fun!!!

But, if you need to split your distro...
1)run genhdlist
2)run pkgorder
3)run buildinstall to rebuild the boot images
4)run splittree with --pkgorderfile parameter
5)run genhdlist again, with the --fileorder parameter - now, hdlist and
hdlist2 have the information specifying which CD holds which package.
6)enjoy your distro!!!

[ ]'s
formiga
Libertas Developer