Re: the keyboard screen

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> Proof of concept mostly.  The plan is/was to move more of the screens
> out of being specifically in anaconda since configuration during and
> post install should be the same.  Just haven't gotten to moving
> around/changing other things (yet)

I guess if there are more screens like this it wouldn't be as confusing.
As it is now, it's a real PITA when you're expecting it to work one way
and spend an hour or two grepping around the source and not finding what
you're looking for.

The standalone screens, like the Timezone page, do actually make debugging
go a lot faster.  Speaking of which, I had someone complaining to me about
the UTC offsets tab.  According to them, the Posix standard specifies that
you set timezones as +/- from GMT (and not UTC which is always a constant
TZ) and that the +/- signs are backward the way they're presented now.
The other thing I noticed is there are no half hour entries for places
like India and Newfoundland+Labrador.

--Patrick.