Re: where is firstboot invoked from?

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Sp0oKeR Labs wrote:

> In /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/
>   I dont remember the numer exactly, bu Snumber_firstboot will run at boot...
> Knumber_firstboot wont.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> If Quoting "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> >   at what point in the boot process is firstboot invoked?  i'm looking
> > through the startup scripts, and i can certainly see the file
> > /etc/rc.d/init.d/firstboot, but it's not clear who runs that.
> >
> >   i don't see a call in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, or symlinks from one of
> > the rc#.d directories.  so who checks for, and runs, that script?
> > thanks.

i've already moved this discussion to the fedora list, and i've got
past this point, but there's definitely something strange with
firstboot.  at this point, i'm convinced there's a bug since, once
it's run, there is no obvious way you can reboot and add the kernel
parm "reconfig" to have it run again in reconfigure mode.

anyway, it's all over there on the fedora list.

rday