Re: Advice on CD installer modifications

Ok, I got this working with a kernel of my own. But I'd still be
interested to know if the below proposal would work.

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 13:00 +0000, Glen Gray wrote:
> Now I'm thinking that I might just put what was in my initrd into the
> stage2.img and have a /usr/bin/anaconda symlink to my own install
> script. i.e. Let the FC2 cd boot as it normally would, have the loader
> program insert all the modules and call the anaconda script, which is a
> link to my own. Would this work ?
> I've seen mention of genhdlist commands mentioned before and wonder if
> that's only used by anaconda proper and not needed by the earlier part
> of the boot process.

Thanks,
--
Glen Gray <glen@xxxxxxxxxx>                             17 Dame Court
Senior Software Engineer                            Dublin 2, Ireland