Custom remaster of FC3, anaconda errors on install

Thanks for the quick replys yesterday... Obviously
we're new to this (but making progress).

Our goal is to create a minimized single CD distro
with hands-off (kickstart) install.  Therefore we have
elliminated packages we do not need (dependency check
passes).

Working with Fedora CORE 3 and have followed steps in
several available online documents:
http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/AnacondaDocumentationProject
and
http://bipolar.longbros.com/index.php?blog=5&p=29&c=1&page=1&more=1&tb=1&pb=1&disp=single

but have settled on this because it looks like what we
are trying to accomplish:
http://insipid.com/RHOneCD.pdf

We added our custom rpm's to the /RPMS/ dir and called
them from ks.cfg but the install failed with "packaege
does not exist" so we removed the calls from ks.cfg
(packages remain the /RPMS/).

We were able to create an ISO and boot it w/in VMWare,
however, it dies at the very end of "Preparing RPM
Transaction" with "Install exited abnormally".

Documents above conflict on wheter or not it is
necessary to modify .discinfo and/or
comps.xml (since we have removed/added rpm's).

Any ideas why anaconda may be crashing at this stage?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Earl