editing the HD install partition?

  i'm this minute in the process of installing FC3 over top of FC1,
and carefully preserving my /home partition.  i've selected a hard
drive-based install, and i've got the FC3 isos in a subdirectory of my
home directory.

  naturally, i'd like to set up the mounts so that the same partition
is mounted as /home in the new install, but i can't edit that
partition as anaconda claims that it's the install partition (correct)
and therefore can't let me specify its new mount point (huh?).

  of course, i understand that you can't mess with the hard drive
partition containing the ISOs, but is there any reason you can't at
least assign it a mount point for the new system?  obviously, i can
just leave it alone and manually add the entry to /etc/fstab after the
reboot, but is there any reason it's not allowed now?  just curious.

rday