Re: python 2.4

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 15:19 -0500, Darrin Thompson wrote:
> The build system is pretty scary right now. (Disclaimer: My knowledge is
> circa FC2)

It hasn't changed much really since Red Hat Linux 7.0 or so.

> I had to add cracklib checking to the root password screen for a
> customer awhile back. I had to patch buildimage and friends to unpack my
> python-crack package and also patch it to not delete python-crack's
> relevant files. It would be really nice if I could feed buildimage a
> list of packages and files to allow in various images. Or even better,
> there could be a hook where I could post process the contents of the
> image before it is finalized, or something else.

The big problem is that it's just a huge chunk of work, especially to do
without regressions.  Adding new deps is a rare enough occurrence that
it just hasn't been high on the list of priorities, especially as the
number of people that use it is extremely low.

Jeremy