Re: python 2.4

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 14:41 -0500, Brian Long wrote:
> > On a related note -- what things would other people like to see going
> > in.  Features, bugs, changes to functionality...  I have some thoughts
> > of what direction I want to go in, but a lot of the first pass stuff I
> > want to do is more related to clean-ups for easier maintenance than
> > anything else.

> When I installed FC3 from burned ISO's, I had bad media (didn't run
> media check).  When anaconda ran across a corrupt RPM on CD 3, it asked
> me over and over if I wanted to retry, but it never offered me an option
> to reboot or retrieve said RPM via HTTP so the rest of the install could
> proceed.  I hit Ctrl-Alt-F1, Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot until I could get
> the media fixed.  I would like to see a more user-friendly approach when
> corrupt RPMs are found.

We only set up the network on network installs.  Doing more than that
makes things quite a bit more complicated.  Retrying is about the only
option you have.  Adding "abort installation" is an option but you're no
better off then than if you hit the reset button, so I'm not sure what
the real advantage is.

Jeremy