Re: python 2.4

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 14:38 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > On a related note -- what things would other people like to see going
> > in.  Features, bugs, changes to functionality...  I have some thoughts
> > of what direction I want to go in, but a lot of the first pass stuff I
> > want to do is more related to clean-ups for easier maintenance than
> > anything else.
> >

> What do you think about dumping the hdlist format and possibly allowing
> an updates-accessible path for installs?

The first is at least on my "consider" list.  There are some issues to
work out (things like keeping track of CDs, package ordering to avoid
"excessive" CD swapping) but they're not unsolvable problems.  Updates
are a harder problem for a few reasons.  I'd rather attack the set of
problems in steps and get one set done in one release and then do
updates later.  The big question deciding whether it happens or not are
a) what the FC4 schedule ends up being and b) how much a few other
things eat into my time

> But something less obscured than that odd hack that's in rhel3?

There's a reason that hack was never moved off of the branch :)

Jeremy