Re: python 2.4

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 13:24 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 01:14:54PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > What bits in particular interest you?  There are definitely some things
> > there that aren't overly well tested (changing from dietlibc -> glibc
> > for example).  At the same time, most of the more innocuous changes are
> > also present on rhel4-branch.
>
> Better handling for out-of-space, the serial console fixes. Nothing really
> huge. Well, if rescue mode always crashes over the network, that might be
> huge. I'll check out the rhel4 branch -- thanks for the suggestion.

Should all be on rhel4-branch.  Although there's a few niggling warts
with bug fixes there that I need to clean up.  But within the next day
or so, it should be back to stable :)

And to answer the unanswered question, yes, FC4 is going to depend on
python 2.4.  One of my goals is to start replacing some of our hacky
methods of doing things with bits of functionality that have been added
in newer versions of python.  anaconda_log should just the new python
logging stuff, iutil.exec* should be replaceable with subprocess, and a
few other things like that.  Patches for any of the above (or other
things people would like to see) are gladly accepted.

On a related note -- what things would other people like to see going
in.  Features, bugs, changes to functionality...  I have some thoughts
of what direction I want to go in, but a lot of the first pass stuff I
want to do is more related to clean-ups for easier maintenance than
anything else.

Jeremy